This presentation will educate attendees on the many facets of drug use and abuse, sexting, sexualization, and sexual misconduct through the many social media avenues. Deputy Gomez will break down the ways that social media “normalizes” and “glamorizes” drug use and abuse.
Attendees will be able to:
- Identify drug use and sexual misconduct in social media
- Demonstrate drug and sexuality normalization among youth in social media
- Recognize key terms and lingo, referencing drug use / glamorization / sexual behavior
- Identify images / pictures associated with drug use and sexting
- Recognize the drug/sexual associations in social media and how to resolve them
Date & Time